FEICA, the association representing the European adhesive and sealant industry, and EURADH, the biannual European conference on adhesion and related phenomena, are delighted to announce the inauguration of a new joint award for adhesion science. The Award for Innovative Adhesion Science aims to stimulate the interactions between industrial and scientific activities in adhesion science. The award will be funded by FEICA and presented at the EURADH conferences.
Applications are invited from young researchers working in adhesion science in Europe who have published outstanding work. This includes masters students, doctoral students, post-docs, junior professors and researchers associated with universities, research institutes or companies. The scope and possible topics are identical to those of the call for papers for EURADH 2020.
The Award Winner
The award winner will have the opportunity to present their work at EURADH, which will take place in Antibes, France, 14-17 September 2020, and at the annual FEICA Conference and EXPO, which will take place in Warsaw, Poland, 9-11 September 2020.
A prize of €3,000 and a certificate will be awarded to the winner at EURADH and at FEICA respectively. In addition, the participation fee for the two conferences will be waived and travel costs for the winner and, if applicable, his or her supervisor, will be refunded (flight bookings after agreement with FEICA; the total amount of the extra expenses are not to exceed € 2,000).
- How the three topics in the one-page application are addressed:
- Summary of the work and results
- Scientific impact in the specific field / in adhesion science
- Relevance of the work, highlighting benefits to the circular economy, society, economy, sustainability, environment and/or industry.
- Impact on adhesion science and technology.
- Scientific quality of the work.
- Applicant’s own contribution and degree of independence, taking the specific degree of education of the applicant into account.