FEICA, the association representing the European adhesive and sealant industry, and EURADH, the biannual European conference on adhesion and related phenomena, are delighted to announce the inauguration of a new joint award for adhesion science. The Award for Innovative Adhesion Science aims to stimulate the interactions between industrial and scientific activities in adhesion science. The award is funded by FEICA and presented at the EURADH conferences.
Applications are invited from young researchers working in adhesion science in Europe who have published outstanding work. This includes masters students, doctoral students, post-docs, junior professors and researchers associated with universities, research institutes or companies. The scope and possible topics are identical to those of the call for papers for EURADH 2018.
The Award Winner
The award winner will have the opportunity to present his or her work at EURADH, which will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, 5-7 September 2018, and at the annual FEICA Conference and EXPO, which will take place in Riga, Latvia, 12-14 September 2018.
A prize of €3,000 and a certificate will be awarded to the winner at EURADH. In addition, the participation fee for the EURADH and FEICA conferences will be waived and travel costs for the winner and, if applicable, his or her supervisor, will be refunded (to a max. of € 2,000).
- How the three topics in the one-page application are addressed:
- Summary of the work and results
- Scientific impact in the specific field / in adhesion science
- Relevance of the work, highlighting benefits to the circular economy, society, economy, sustainability, environment and/or industry.
- Impact on adhesion science and technology.
- Scientific quality of the work.
- Applicant’s own contribution and degree of independence, taking the specific degree of education of the applicant into account.